Basic Drinking Water Treatment Systems
Filters, Pressure Tanks, and Reservoir Systems in Woodinville and throughout King, Snohomish, and South Skagit CountiesDrinking water treatment systems are many and varied, but there are some basic technologies involved. This article is meant to give you a brief overview of the basic systems and what they are used for.
Before choosing a system, be sure to have your water accurately tested by a certified water-testing lab. It is important to know what the condition of the water is and if it is contaminated in any way or if it is just a matter of improving appearance and taste. If you need help with this process, call A-Plus Water.
Below you will find some basic drinking water treatment systems:
- Carbon Filters
- Description: pass water through carbon to clean it.
- Use: Carbon filters are used to remove organic compounds that create taste and odor problems.
- Fiber Filter
- Description: Fiber Filters come in a variety of meshes made of spun cellulose or rayon.
- Use: Fiber Filters are used to remove sediment.
Neutralizing Filters and Chemical-Feed Pumps
- Neutralizing Filters and Chemical-Feed Pumps
- Description: These systems inject a solution into a contact tank or use a granular mineral to elevate the ph.
- Use: These systems are used to adjust the ph of the water.
- Description: Softeners generally use sodium chloride or potassium chloride to replace the hardness ions with sodium or potassium ions.
- Use: Remove calcium, magnesium, iron and tannins.
- Ultraviolet Treatment
- Description:Ultraviolet Disinfection
- Use: Ultraviolet light is used to disinfect water or reduce the amount of bacteria present in the water.
- Chlorination Systems
- Description: Chlorination systems feed chlorine into the water for a period of time to kill bacteria.
- Use: Removal of bacteria
- Reverse Osmosis
- Description: The water passes through a membrane with pressure so that it goes from a more concentrated liquid to a more dilute liquid. These systems generally incorporate a pre- and post- filter system along with the osmosis.
- Use: Removal of inorganic chemicals.
For more info please call A-Plus Water. We are happy to provide you with the information or tests that you may need as well as providing the Water Treatment System itself. Our experience ensures that you will get the correct system for your Water Treatment needs and receive service and support through the lifetime of the product, be they filters, pressure tanks, or reservoir systems in Woodinville and throughout King, Snohomish, and South Skagit Counties.
- Description:Water is boiled and then condensed leaving contaminates behind.
- Use: Removal of minerals, organic chemicals and many other impurities.